Thursday, March 6, 2008

Antiperspirants with Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (20%)


In general Antiperspirants work better at fighting odor longer than deodorants. In the Antiperspirant category I find that brands that carry one ingredient excel above the rest. That ingredient is "Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (20%)" Many Antiperspirant brands use this ingredient, but only a handful use it at the strength of 20%.

My favorite category with my favorite active ingredient "Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (20%)". This is the active incredient that Mitchum has been using in their Antiperspirants for years. They recently came out with this "Smart Solid" which is supposed to eliminate white residue on clothing. While it does not completely reduce residue on clothing, it has improved dramatically from their previous versions. This is my new favorite deodorant from a company that has been doing it right for many, many years.

Recently many of the deodorant brands have been coming out with "Clinical Strength" deodorants. These have the active ingredient "Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (20%)", same as Mitchum. I have tried a few of them and find them to be equally effective in stopping armpit odor. I can get through a 10-12 hour day with these Antiperspirant/Deodorants before odor starts creeping up.


Degree Clinical Protection has worked well for me.
Gillette Clinical Strength has also performed well.




I have not tried Secret Antiperspirant, because while it's strong enough for a man.... However I would assume that since it has the same active ingredient Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (20%) it is a good odor fighter.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very
happy I stumbled across this during my hunt for something regarding this. Feel free to surf to my page;

Stephen Green said...

Thank you for this information. After some investigation, I found that Mitchum, my longtime favorite, has returned to Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY 20%, after an earlier change in formula. It is now called Mitchum Advanced with Oxygen Odor Control Technology, in a slightly larger, rounder roll-on container.
Thanks again.